Monday, August 14, 2006

Moderated comments

Last week I turned off the moderation feature in the comments section of the blog. I thought that things had calmed down sufficiently that I didn't really have to worry about filtering out inappropriate or hateful comments. I was wrong, so moderation is back on.

Also, I will not post anonymous comments, supportive or critical, anymore, period. If you have something to say use your name or blogger profile (which is acceptable to me--I have friends here in cyberspace who do not use their real names but have an accountable and responsible identity). If you don't want your comment to be public, then e-mail me.

If you are going to hide behind the cloak of anonymity, we have nothing to discuss.

4 comments:

-L- said...

I don't know why, but I haven't gotten too many anonymous comments that really rubbed me the wrong way. I've seen them on all sorts of blogs, but the only comment I've ever had to delete was comment spam.

Sorry you've been getting harassed.

Chris said...

L, just a guess here, but I think your readership is generally more supportive of the life choices you have made than mine is of the choices I am making.

Cincinnati NAMjA said...

Wow...you must have gotten a pretty nasty comment. Sorry man...

Paul said...

Chris -

You have been so open and honest here. I believe you deserve the same from anyone reading this.

Best wishes as you continue this journey.